JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT FROM IANA
The Islamic Association of North America (IANA) would like to announce a new vacant position in a COVID-19 Support Staff/Resource Distribution capacity in the IANA COVID-19 Community Coordinator (CCC). The candidate must have a two-year associate degree or five years of experience serving the Somali/East African community in Minnesota. The position is full-time; 9 a.m - 5 p.m (Monday-Friday); 40 hours a week. The pay rate is $20 an hour and is a holiday pay eligible.
- The COVID-19 Support Staff will join the IANA-CCC team to handle supporting testing sites, vaccine sites, weekly resource distribution intended to the Mosques across Minnesota.
- Will participate in providing resources and information to community members.
- Will support planning of vaccine sites and ongoing testing sites and collaborate with the State Emergency Operations Center, MDH, and local public health to plan no-barrier testing and vaccine sites.
- Will travel to testing sites, vaccine sites across twin cities and suburbs to provide staffing and community support.
- Will provide cultural and language support to community members at the testing sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Maintain a positive professional relationship with staff, member center officers, and third-party organizations.
- Other duties as the Program Supervisor and executive director assign it.
- Must have the flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and holidays (as necessary)
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems promptly
Interpersonal Skills-Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ethics: Treats people with respect
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures
- Professionalism: Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Attendance/Punctuality- Consistently at work and on time
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Preferred Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret English, Somali, and Arabic
Feel free to refer any of your friends or relatives with related qualifications and expertise.
Send your resume to email@example.com or call the IANA office at 612-874-0665